Choose Page


Legal Paraprofessional Solutions

your affordable alternative offering the same quality service and experience as a family law attorney.


The words De Novo is Latin meaning “from the new,” or “as if from the first time.” We chose this name because, for the first time ever, the Arizona Supreme Court has allowed non-lawyers to obtain a license by the Arizona State Bar to practice law in certain areas.

This newly formed classification is known as a licensed Legal Paraprofessional, or LP for short. Mrs. Stephanie Villalobos is Arizona’s VERY FIRST licensed Legal Paraprofessional! This incredible accomplishment allows De Novo Law, LLC to have roles in legal practice similar to the roles performed by nurse practitioners in medicine. LPs can offer full legal services in administrative, criminal, civil, and family law matters with very few restrictions. Ms. Villalobos currently practices solely in the area of family law.

Much like an Arizona family law attorney or divorce lawyer, a legal paraprofessional can handle, and fully represent, clients in almost all of the same family law practice areas. The significant difference is that an LP can be much more affordable!

De Novo Law

Areas of
Family Law We Serve

Divorce & Separation

De Novo Law offers the same high-quality legal representation and decades of experience as the top Arizona divorce lawyer but does so at a much more affordable rate.

Learn More…

Child Support

Stephanie Villalobos, LP, is a highly respected legal paraprofessional with decades of experience in dealing with establishing and modifying child support matters.

Learn More…

Same-sex Family Law

De Novo Law can represent you in multiple same-sex family law matters, including divorce, child custody, spousal maintenance, child support, and property division.

Learn More…

Child Custody

Legal paraprofessionals are a more affordable option than retaining a child custody attorney and have years of experience working in the area of family law.

Learn More….

Spousal Support

If spousal maintenance might be an issue in your divorce, Stephanie Villalobos, LP can help you understand whether you might be ordered to pay it or what you could be eligible to receive.

Learn More…

Grandparents Rights

Mrs. Villalobos can help you to gather the necessary evidence and file court documents to establish your rights as a grandparent, including custody or visitation.

Learn More…


School Disagreements With Your Ex? De Novo Law Can Help

School Disagreements With Your Ex? De Novo Law Can Help

In Arizona, the ability of a co-parent to make unilateral decisions about a child’s education hinges on the type of legal decision-making authority awarded by the court. Under ARS §25-403, parents can have either joint or sole legal decision-making. In a joint arrangement, both parents must agree on major decisions, including those regarding their child’s schooling, preventing one parent from deciding without the other’s consent.Sole legal decision-making allows one parent to make significant educational decisions independently, although such decisions can be challenged in court if believed not to serve the child’s best interest.

read more
How to Establish Sole and Separate Property in Arizona

How to Establish Sole and Separate Property in Arizona

Arizona’s community property laws dictate that most property and debts acquired during the marriage are shared equally. However, separate property — assets owned before the marriage, gifts, and inheritances — typically remains with the individual who owns it. The process of distinguishing separate property from marital assets requires careful consideration and clear evidence. It involves understanding legal nuances and often, meticulous documentation to prove the ownership and nature of the assets. This process can be complex, especially when separate property has been mixed, or commingled, with marital assets. Whether you are just starting to consider divorce or are already in the midst of one, knowing how separate property is established in Arizona is a key step in ensuring a fair and equitable division of assets.

read more
My Ex Violated Our Child Custody Order, What Do I Do

My Ex Violated Our Child Custody Order, What Do I Do

When your ex violates your child custody order and diplomatic solutions falter, seeking a contempt hearing may be beneficial. This legal avenue prompts the court to not only enforce the custody agreement but also to potentially penalize the non-compliant party. If you find yourself contemplating this step, here’s a rundown of the process and its implications. The term ‘contempt of court’ in family law signifies your ex’s deliberate violation of the custody order. To set this legal process in motion, you need to file a motion for contempt with the same court that issued the initial custody order. This document should outline the specific instances where the custody order was violated.Backing your motion with substantial evidence is the next important step. This might include documented exchanges, detailed visitation records, or any other tangible proof demonstrating the breach of the custody arrangement. If the court greenlights your motion, it will schedule a hearing. This is your platform to explain the violation’s nature and its repercussions on your child.
The consequences for your ex, if found in contempt, can range widely based on the violation’s severity and the court’s judgment. Options include granting additional parenting time to compensate for missed visits, imposing monetary penalties, mandating attendance in parenting classes, or, in serious scenarios, incarceration.

read more

Affordable and Experienced Family Law Legal Services
Schedule an Appointment Today!

DISCLAIMER: The content of this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice.  De Novo Law, LLC and its Legal Paraprofessionals are not attorneys and are not authorized to provide legal advice or representation beyond the areas and scope of practice for which license is held.  The transmission or receipt of any electronic correspondence or information does not create a legal paraprofessional-client relationship.


Contact De Novo Law at any time to setup a free one-on-one consultation so we can discuss your concerns.

Please Call Us at (480) 725-2200 or Fill Out the Form Below to Schedule a FREE Initial Consultation with an Affordable Legal Paraprofessional to Assist with an Arizona Divorce or other Family Law Matters.